In this blog article I am getting a little more personal with readers about me. If you don't know me below is short introduction. For those who do know me I hope you learn something new. So, lets meet the artist behind MONOLISA.
Meet the Artist Lisa Ramos
- Before becoming an artist I worked in tech for 20 years - assistant, project manager and lots of sales.
- I have a bachelors degree in sociology - I wasn't sure what I wanted to do in college so I picked this major.
- I have learning differences and dislike classroom settings - I still avoid classrooms.
- I am a self taught metal and leather smith artist - I continue learning everyday.
- I can’t eat dairy, but love it - I miss cheese pizza!
- My favorite place to visit is Hawaii - the Big Island is incredible.
- I am a neat freak and keep a very clean house - a house guest once said it doesn't look like anyone lives here, such a complement...lol.
- Creating with my hands has significantly reduced my anxiety - I always want to be in the studio.
- I can’t draw, but can picture images of my work in my mind - drawing is not a prerequisite for being an artist.
- I use to be a long distance runner - now my hips and feet are shot.
- I am sensitive to loud noises - chew quietly please.
- My guilty pleasure, getting into bed early and watching makeup tutorial videos - I love makeup.
- I have a side project called GiftsFromArtists.com that supports the art community - check it out and thanks for shopping local.
- I grew up in the San Francisco Bay Area - I now live in Clayton.
- I have been obsessed with handbags and jewelry ever since I can remember - I love sparkly things.
- Sapphires are my favorite gemstone - especially pink colored.
- My biggest success in life, meeting my husband - we met 19 years ago.
- My biggest failure, too many to pick from - I will keep counting.
- I worked at a jewelry store with my mother in my teens - my mom taught me how to work hard and she is a tough cookie.
- I don't like to cook or bake - I prefer doing the dishes.
- If I could live anywhere it would be South Florida - the beaches are incredible and I have friends there.
- My favorite flower is an orchid - it lasts longer than a week and re-blooms.
- I appreciate structure and keep a tight schedule - I don't like surprises.
- My creative process evolves organically and at the least likely times - in the middle of the night, during a conversation, doing laundry or driving.
- I love technology and use it to manage my life - yes I have a task list and auto reminders.
- I don't like wearing jeans, I prefer dresses - Although I do love large sweats in the winter.
- I had ovarian cancer at the age of 33 - my gut told me to go to the doctors.
- I don't like going to movie theaters or eating hot dogs - I know it is strange.
- I am deathly afraid of sharks - I love snorkeling.
- I didn't enjoy reading until my late forties - now I read in the middle of the night when I can't sleep....which is a lot.
My favorite Beach in Boca Raton, Florida - Red Reef Park
This blog post is written by California handbag and jewelry designer, Lisa Ramos.
Share this post
- 1 comment
- Tags: Artist Blog, Artist Life, designer lisa ramos, handbag designer, Jewelry Designer, Roadshow Artist, women entrepreneurs